too + ADJ + for ……
结构︰too+形容词+for+(代)名词
说明︰此句型意为“太…而不适宜/而不能…”。相当于“too+<形容词>+to-<不定词>”。
It is still too cold for farming. 气候还是太冷而不适宜农耕。
You are too young for marriage. 你太年轻了,还不能结婚。
The scenery is too beautiful for words. 风景优美,非文字所能形容。
The book is too difficult for most senior high school students.
这本书太难而不适合大多数的高中生。
Servings in restaurants are too large for many people.
餐厅里端出来的食物对许多人来说量是太多了。
The skirt is too long for you. 这条裙子对你来说是太长了。
This room is too large for us. 对我们而言,这间屋子太大了。
He is too tired to walk anymore. 他累得再也走不动了。
She walked too slowly to catch up with us. 她走得太慢,跟不上我们。
…… no exception ……
结构︰主词+be 动词+no exception
说明︰此句型意为“…也不例外”。
Almost every language in the world has dialects and American English is no exception.
世界上几乎每种语言都有方言,美国话也不例外。
The poor need love and the rich are no exception. 贫穷的人需要爱,有钱的人也不例外。
Plants can not live without the sun and animals are no exception.
植物没有太阳不能活,动物也不例外。
I have no idea ……
结构︰主词+have no idea…
说明︰此句型意为“不知道…”。
We have no idea how the birds find their way. 我们不知道这些鸟如何找到它们的路。
I have no idea why he resigned his post. 我不知道他为何辞去他的职务。
We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
我们不知道如何说服他放弃这个念头。
I care nothing about ……
结构︰主词+care nothing about…
说明︰此句型意为“一点也不关心…;毫不在乎…”。
My friends were all boys who cared nothing about studying.
我的朋友都是男生,他们一点也不关心读书。
Do you really care nothing about your future? 你真的一点也不关心你的将来?
I cared nothing about what they said of me. 我毫不在乎他们对我怎么说。
I do not care what ……
结构︰主词+do not care+疑问词(what/whether/…)+主词+动词
说明︰此句型意为“…不在乎…”。
He does not care whether he wins or loses. 他不在乎是否他赢或输。
I do not care what you will say about me. 我不在乎你们会说我什么。
She does not care whether you like her or not. 她不在乎你是否喜欢她。
I can't bear to ……
结构︰主词+can't bear+to-不定词/动名词
说明︰此句型意为“忍受不了/不忍…”。bear 后可跟<不定词>或<动名词>.
His suspense became so great that he couldn't bear to look out the window.
他的疑虑变得这样大,所以他忍受不了往窗外看。
I can't bear to see him treated like that. 我不忍见到他受到那样的对待。
I can't bear being called “Fool”。 我忍受不了被叫做“傻瓜”。
…… make no sense ……
结构︰主词+make no/much/little sense…
说明︰此句型意为“…有(没有/很有/很少有)意义”。通常用于否定或疑问。